December is one of my favorite months of the year, and I have plenty of reasons why:
- My mother was born in December- and she’s the most amazing living angel I know
- It is (or at least it should be) the month of whiteness; everything is covered with the white sparkling blanked (Snow) and everything looks more crystalizing and sparkling.. as white and as pure as it get (this beauty motivated me to name my daughter snow)
- My best friend was born in December and I’m so thankful for her
- It is the end of the year and people always feel more positive by setting new goals for the next year, feeling happy that another (good or bad) year has ended, etc.
- It is the holiday time – people feel happy and spread love to each other
- December smells good, with all the pies and cakes being baked.
- It is amazing having a pretty New Year’s tree in the living room to look at
- It is motivating watching all these colored lights blink on and off wherever you go
- ….and the list goes on and on
So, it is a jolly time for celebration for me and I guess you too.
But, let us not forget the ones who are alone, and/or the ones who have no money to celebrate, the ones who crawled in their beds cry every night for not being able to buy their children a very simple present this year… and let us do something to make them happy too. We can’t be thankful and passionate about gratitude unless we do something for the vulnerable. Because, December is also the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall and welcoming fire of charity in the heart.